Unlike many celebrities, Jennifer Aniston is a true testament to clean and healthy living in your 40s. This clean and pure main dish or side dish salad combines the high quality protein and whole grain of quinoa with the healthy fat of avocado and olive oil, along with filling and quenching vegetables.
Jennifer writes, “This is a really simple salad, but so delicious, and all these beautiful, healthy ingredients, make it one of my favorites.”
As an added bonus, the recipe is part of Loukoumi’s Celebrity Cookbook, a new children’s book benefiting Chefs for Humanity and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Jennifer Aniston’s Favorite Quinoa Salad Ingredients:
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley washed and chopped (thick stems removed)
- 4 Persian cucumbers peeled in strips, seeded and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 ripe, but slightly firm avocado diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan bring water and salt to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa, cover and lower the heat to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Put quinoa into a medium size mixing bowl and cool.
- Add parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado & oil to quinoa.
- Mix and season to taste with salt and pepper.
This is a great, colorful dish to bring to a holiday party or pot luck dinner for a healthy alternative. It’s Gluten-Free and Vegan, too.
Give it a try for something different!