It’s easy for me to pass up processed chips and snacks in bags, because my fast homemade versions taste so much better. I was in the mood for crunchy and spicy chips as a side dish to a grilled juicy burger tonight. This quick meal was created in 15 minutes — While my burger grilled, both the corn tortilla chips and crunchy kale chips were baked in the oven side by side and at the same temperature. Easy!
With the chips are my main carb, the bun was never missed. I usually add interesting and colorful toppings on my burger such as roasted red peppers, sautéed onions, mushrooms or avocado, but this “Naked version” was excellent with just black pepper, a sprinkle of sea salt, dipped in honey mustard. Pure and delicious, plus a ton of chips to make it a fun dinner.
Naked Skinny Cheeseburger and Healthy Baked Chips Recipe:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and fire up the grill.
- Wash kale and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet coated with foil or spray.
- Cut 6-inch whole grain corn tortillas into 6 wedges each.
- Toss with a little olive oil, sea salt and cayenne pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet.
- Place both sheets of chips in oven for 15 minutes or less
- Grill burger and add Swiss cheese to melt.
Serve burger with pure honey mustard and the spicy chips! Both the Kale and the hot tortilla chips were incredible tasting.
Try it and let me know. And you better not buy a bag of junky chips again.